Transform your life!
Learn English with Certified Canadian Teachers
Hi! I'm Lucia Astello, your Canaway representative!
Welcome! I’m Lucia Astello, and I’m honoured to be your Canaway Educational Consultant! I speak Spanish. I live in Mexico but can serve people from anywhere in the world!
We are currently running a 2 x 99 USD promotion (new students only) for Black Friday! Use my discount coupon: lastellobfn
Contact me if you have any questions:
Whatsapp: +52 1 832 105 2407 or click: canaway.info/wp/lastello
How much does it cost?
Regular Price for all of our courses is 125 USD
Our work in numbers
With an ever-increasing number of English and school courses that we offer, we hope to satisfy our growing number of students!
What is the course structure?
Here are a few reasons:
- Our teachers are native English speakers (Canadians), which means that their pronunciation is perfect, plus you will learn about their culture. For students in basic English levels, we have Canadian teachers who are bilingual; these are teachers who were either born in Canada and were taught by their parents their home language, or were born in another country and immigrated to Canada when they were young and pursued studies in Canada.
- Our courses have been designed by certified English teachers in Canada (Ontario Certified Teachers, OCT); therefore, they follow the English as a Second Language (ESL) curriculum and teaching standards of Ontario, Canada. An OCT has studied to be a teacher; that is, he knows pedagogy. Visit oct.ca for more information.
- The teachers who teach the classes are also OCT or have a certification such as TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- The workbook with pronunciation and intonation exercises that is included use the latest technology.
- Teachers give general feedback to each student by course throughout their studies with Canaway.
- Students can see their mistakes based on class recordings.
- For students who are minors, we track attendance and progress.
- You are not tied up to a contract. At Canaway Academy, you can observe a class for free without any commitment; and if you like it, you can make the payment from month to month. If at any point you decide you don’t want to continue, don’t pay any more!
- Continuous improvement: Our quality team constantly reviews our students’ feedback and, based on that, continually improves our offerings. If at any time you think that our classes are not meeting your expectations, write to us at email@example.com
The cost of English classes during the pandemic is $ 65 USD per month. That price is frozen for one year from the first month you take classes with us and take it consecutively. The normal price is $ 125 USD per month. The cost includes classes in real-time with Canadian teachers, access to the platform, evaluation exams, certificates, and access to materials, workbooks, and classes’ recordings.
You are not tied up to a contract. At Canaway Academy, you can observe a class for free without any commitment; and if you like it, you can make the payment from month to month. If at any point you decide you don’t want to continue, don’t pay any more!
For our English core program (ESL), each course lasts 1 month and covers 30 hours of instruction, of which 24 hours are in real-time with a Canadian teacher (16 classes of 1.5 hours each), and 6+ hours are exercises on the platform. In some countries, the concept of “academic hour” is used, which refers to 45 minutes of instruction. In the case of Canaway, an hour is 60 minutes.
We have several categories based on age ranges. Students in these categories are not mixed (unless the parents of minors consent):
- Pre-Kids (From 5 to 6 years old)
- Kids (From 7 to 10 years old)
- Junior (From 11 to 14 years old)
- Adults (15+ years old)
If students in the “Kids” category wish to join the “Junior” group, it is possible to do so with their parents’ consent. Soon, we will also launch the Toddlers group (From 3 to 4 years old)
The English courses start at the beginning of each month and normally run from Monday to Friday for 90 minutes each day. The entire course lasts 3 and a half weeks. We have classes scheduled in the mornings, afternoons and evenings. Reach out to our country contacts for more information.
Students will be given a certificate upon successful completion of a course. The certificate will include the number of hours of instruction, the date, and a QR code that will take them to a website where the certificate’s validity will be checked.
Additionally, other certificates are given when passing a given level or finishing a program.
We offer certificates accredited by our institution; they are not accredited by any other; however, we offer an IELTS exam preparation course. When you pass the IELTS exam, you can get an internationally recognized certificate.
The process is simple. You can take our free assessment exam. The exam is open, and you can take it at any time without making an appointment. At the end of the exam, you will be given your level and information about our contacts so that they can inform you about our schedules.
The following requirements are needed to take an English course online with Canaway:
- A computer with a modern browser like Google Chrome. If you do not have a computer, you can also attend your classes from an iPad or even with a cell phone, but it is preferable to use a computer to see the screen and the teacher better.
- A camera. To get the most out of the classes, it is good to turn on the camera during live classes, as body expression is also important.
- A good microphone. Like the camera, to get the most out of your classes, you have to participate and speak in English. The microphone is essential so the teacher can listen to you and help you improve.
- A quiet environment where there is not too much noise so that the other students do not get distracted.
- A good internet service.
Access to the courses you’ve taken will remain on the platform for 6 months after completion. The materials (PDFs) can be downloaded to your computer while you have access to your course on the platform. For instance, if you took the ESLB1 course in January, you will have access to the course on the platform until the end of July (same year). If you took the ESLB2 course in February, you would have access to the course on the platform until the end of August (same year), and so on.
The minimum percentage of attendance is 20 out of 24 hours of real-time instruction, that is, 83%. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of the class and will be recorded in the system. A tardy or delay will be recorded as 50% of attendance.